- Surfer Magazine named Encinitas one of the top 10 surfing spots in the U.S.
- Encinitas was incorporated in 1986 from the unique communities of – Old Encinitas, New Encinitas, Leucadia, Olivenhain and Cardiff-by-the-Sea.
- Encinitas sits 25 miles north of San Diego and 95 miles south of Los Angeles.
- Self-Realization Fellowship Hermitage and Meditation Gardens is a beautiful sanctuary.
- Moonlight Beach is a family / locals kind of beach that is flat, sandy and perfect for a picnic and a day of sunning.
- San Diego Botanic Garden. Explore four miles of garden trails, flowering trees and the nation’s largest bamboo collection
- Swami’s Beach has a great surf break that is popular with local surfers.
- Cardiff State Beach has a gentle, sloping sandy beach for swimmers, surfers and beachcombing.
- San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve where you learn about hundreds of native species. There is a seven mile long trail system through the reserve. About San Elijo Lagoon Reserve
- Encinitas Library is modern, light-filled, with a spectacular 180 degree ocean view.
- Ten surf schools to choose from to learn surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing.
- Weidner’s Gardens is a neighborhood wholesale and retail nursery that grows 90% of what they sell.
- Leucadia Farmers Market open on Sunday from 10AM to 2PM at Paul Ecke Elementary School on Union Street.
- Lux Art Institute, a unique contemporary art museum and studio.
- Cal Pacific Orchid Farm is a family owned 36,000 sq. ft. greenhouse hosting 100’s of blooming orchid plants from all over the world.
- San Dieguito Heritage Museum preserves the local history of Encinitas.
- Encinitas Classic Car Nights cruise into town the third Thursday of each summer month 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Holiday Street Fair coming Sunday, November 19th. More than 450 unique food, arts and craft vendors. Craft beers and some of the best bands in the San Diego rock out at the Beer Garden Stage.
- Beacons Beach is hard to find and most of the beachgoers are native to the immediate area.
- Coral Tree Farm and Nursery is family owned and operated since 1958 and specialize in organically produced vegetables and fruits and eggs from free pasture chickens.
- La Paloma Theatre opened in 1928 and was one of the theatres to show “Talkies”. La Paloma Theatre is a big part of the Encinitas and hosts many community and City functions throughout the year. About La Paloma Theatre
- Cali Hikes is Southern California’s first guided hiking tour company offering an array of hikes throughout San Diego and Southern California.
- Encinitas is a Spanish name meaning “little oaks”.
- Encinitas has a very mild Mediterranean climate.
- Summer temperatures range from 75-85F for the high and nighttime lows from upper 50’s-60sF
- Average winter daytime temperature hits 65F and nighttime lows range from 45-55F.
- Encinitas Ballet is an exceptional classical ballet studio established in 2008 by Satat Asatryan, former principle dancer of the Kremlin Ballet Theatre and Olga Tchekachova, former soloist of the Marlinsky Ballet11.
- Cardiff Kook is a 16ft bronze statue of a surfer. The surfing form of the statue is far from correct earning it the derogatory surfer slang name.
- Surfing Madonna is a 10 by 10ft mosaic of a surfing Virgin de Guadalupe illegally installed in 2011 on a concrete support wall of the train bridge on Encinitas Boulevard.
- Since 1982, the Encinitas 101 Main Street Association has helped keep downtown Encinitas economically viable yet historic and beachy.
- Hansen’s Surf Shop in Encinitas is the oldest and largest shop in San Diego County. It opened in 1961 and occupies over 20,000 sq. ft. of retail space.
- Olivenhain is the eastern most portion of Encinitas bordering the western portion of Rancho Santa Fe.
Search Encinitas Homes for Sale
Listing courtesy of Class Realty Group
Listing courtesy of First Mission Properties
Listing courtesy of Sea Coast Exclusive Properties
Listing courtesy of Compass
Listing courtesy of Coldwell Banker Res Brokerage
Updated May 24, 2018 11:59:am.
This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. You should rely on this information only to decide whether or not to further investigate a particular property. BEFORE MAKING ANY OTHER DECISION, YOU SHOULD PERSONALLY INVESTIGATE THE FACTS (e.g. square footage and lot size) with the assistance of an appropriate professional. You may use this information only to identify properties you may be interested in investigating further. All uses except for personal, non-commercial use in accordance with the foregoing purpose are prohibited. Redistribution or copying of this information, any photographs or video tours is strictly prohibited.
This information is derived from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) service provided by Sandicor®. Displayed property listings may be held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent responsible for this display. The information and any photographs and video tours and the compilation from which they are derived is protected by copyright. Compilation © 2018 Sandicor®, Inc.
Today's Market Trends for Encinitas *
* All data pertains to single-family homes